Tomato Curry at Home : Are you craving for a flavorful and comforting dish that will tantalize your taste buds? Look no further than this ultimate guide to making delicious tomato curry at home. Tomato curry is a popular Indian dish that is rich, tangy, and packed with aromatic spices. It’s a versatile dish that can be enjoyed with rice, naan bread, or even as a filling for wraps. With a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can recreate this mouthwatering dish in your own kitchen.
To make a delicious tomato curry, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, slit lengthwise (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once the seeds start to splutter, add the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
2. Add the minced garlic, grated ginger, and slit green chili. Sauté for a minute until they release their aroma.
3. Now, add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn soft and mushy. This will take around 10-15 minutes.
5. Once the tomatoes are cooked, remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
6. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. You can adjust the consistency by adding water if needed.
7. Return the blended mixture to the pan and add garam masala. Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or naan bread.
Tips and Variations
– For a creamier texture, you can add a tablespoon of cashew paste or cream.
– Customize the spiciness of the curry by adjusting the amount of red chili powder and green chili according to your taste.
– You can add vegetables like peas or bell peppers to make the curry more nutritious.
– Experiment with different spices like cinnamon, cardamom, or bay leaves to give the curry a unique flavor.